Laws Whiskey House "Laws & Order: Calvados Case" Straight Malt Whiskey Finished in Calvados Cask The Prime Barrel Pick #63
Laws Whiskey House "Laws & Order: Calvados Case" Straight Malt Whiskey Finished in Calvados Cask The Prime Barrel Pick #63 is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Talk about SPECIAL. This bottle is unique on so many levels that Super Mario would be proud. Let's count all of them:
- This is not a bourbon, nor is this a rye. This is a Straight Malt Whiskey Finished in Calvados Cask. If you buy your whiskey strictly on the merits of being either bourbon or rye, you are probably skipping this one. And you'd be making a mistake because it is terrific. We blindly selected this barrel with our members and unanimously voted the best barrel out of everything we tasted in that session. You can see the whole process here
- The bottle bears a beautiful custom front label and is a part of our club's art series. Some of them are paid member exclusive, but this one is not. We are happy to bring this one-of-a-kind bottle to our entire membership (free and premium) base.
- We did a virtual tasting of this barrel with our club members. It's unusual to taste an upcoming barrel before buying a full bottle, yet we made it happen. To participate in future tastings, join our Discord whiskey community.
The back label of this bottle has PLETHORA of information about whiskey itself, so do check out the image of it if you are interested. As for tasting notes (provided by one of our members, @cutterandflame on Discord), here's what you can look forward to:
- Nose: Apple and raisins, almost freshly baked from the oven.
- Palate: Very malty and dusty fruit-forward dessert, with tart apples and pears cooked down but not sweet. Reminiscent of malted rye with subtle hints of spice.
- Finish: The finish is long and coats the mouth like that last bite of cobbler when you are sitting around the campfire.
Couldn't load pickup availability