High West Bourye A Blend Of Straight Whiskies
High West Bourye A Blend Of Straight Whiskies - 15B03 is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Bourye is a combination of ”Bou” for bourbon and ”rye” for..well: rye whiskey. Because combining bourbon and rye is a bit unusual, we couldn’t help thinking of the jackalope, the mythical creature native to the American West that is part rabbit and antelope. Western lore tells that when cowboys would gather by their campfires to sing at night, jackalopes would frequently be heard singing back, mimicking the voices of the cowboys. When chased, the jackalope will use its vocal abilities to elude capture. For instance, when chased by people it will call out phrases such as, ”There he goes, over there,” to throw pursuers off its track. Legend suggests the best way catch a jackalope is to lure it with whiskey, as they have a particular fondness for the brown liquid. Once intoxicated, the animal becomes slower and easier to hunt.
- A blend of straight Bourbon and Rye whiskeys aged from 10 to 14 years.
- Straight Rye Whiskey: 95% rye, 5% barley malt from MGP & 53% rye, 37% corn, 10% barley malt from Barton Distillery
- Straight Bourbon Whiskey: 75% corn, 21% rye, 4% barley malt from MGP
- Nose: Vanilla Butter toffee, Spiced Marzipan, Roasted Nuts, Dried Pineapple
- Taste: Sweet Honey Nougat, Rich Caramel, Dark Ginger Cake, Mulling Spices, Dried Stone Fruit.
- Finish: Long & Rich, Roasted Pecan, Molasses, and Crème Brûlée
Couldn't load pickup availability