Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond Bourbon
Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond Bourbon - 750ml is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
What is the Old Forester Whiskey Row Series? This unique series highlights bourbon history’s significant milestones and production innovations through the release of tailored expressions.
What is Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond? Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond is the second expression in The Old Forester Whiskey Row Series and honors the passage of The Bottled in Bond Act of 1897 by following the guidelines of that law. To be labeled Bottled-in-Bond, the whisky had to be:
- From one distillation season (6 months)
- From one distiller
- From one distillery
- Matured in government supervised, federally-bonded warehouses
- Aged at least four years
- Bottled at 100 proof
In addition, Old Forester 1897 will be lightly filtered to honor the filtration techniques of the industry at that time.
How will this be different than Old Forester Signature? Old Forester Signature is a 100 proof product made with select barrels of Old Forester resulting in a rich and robust flavor profile. Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond will be different in the following ways:
- Super-Premium package cues with a parchment paper label, a thick glass base, and a cork finish
- It will be a small batch product (Less than 100 barrels per batch)
- All product will come from one distillation season (6 months)
- Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond follows all government requirements from the Bottled in Bond Act of 1897
- It will be lightly filtered
- These differences result in a unique flavor profile
Couldn't load pickup availability