Blanton's Special Reserve Bourbon
Created as an introductory edition to our full lineup, Blanton’s Special Reserve is ideal for those new to single barrel bourbons. A sweet taste profile with a floral nose and light undertones of vanilla and citrus make it perfect for a premium cocktail or served on the rocks. 40% alcohol by volume.
- Type: Bourbon Whiskey
- Recipe: Corn - Rye - Malted Barley
- Mash Type: Sour
- Still Proof: 70% Alcohol by Volume - 140 proof
- Entry Proof: 62.5% Alcohol by Volume - 125 proof
- Warehouse: H
- Barrel Type: White Oak
- Maker: Independent Stave
- Staves: 6-month air dry
- Treatment: #4 Char
- Filtration: Chill Filtered
- Bottle Proof: 40% Alcohol by Volume - 80 proof
- Color: Light Amber
- Nose: Dry Citrus, Raisin, Light Vanilla, Spice.
- Palate Entry: Sweet with Citrus, marked by a Light Vanilla and Honey.
- Finish: Crisp with notes of Spice and a hint of Cinnamon Apple.
- Best Served: On the ice, or used in a premium cocktail.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
This review is about De Wine Spot not the bourbon, except to say, "This bottle completed my 3 bottle (green, white, gold) set." De Wine spot is the best on line store I have ever purchased from! I have tried 4 other stores in the US and 2 in the UK; none compare to the selection, customer service, or efficiency of delivery that De Wine spot offers!!! I'm notified about all items I've place on my "wish list" and the notice comes in time to actually purchase the product! I don't even bother looking for what I want anywhere else because if they don't have it, they can get it pretty dang fast! Thanks again to the great team at De Wine Spot!!! Michael
Worth purchasing if you want to experience a rare Blanton’s not available in the USA. It’s watered down. Has some good spice on the finish. Subpar to regular Blanton’s and not nearly as good as Gold, SFTB or the Japanese “red” editions.